Church Farmhouse Museum
Church Farmhouse now has three furnished period rooms. The kitchen, set about 1820, has a huge open fireplace containing a clockwork spit jack, a chimney crane and bread oven. A splendid refectory table and oak dresser show off over a hundred Victorian kitchen utensils, including sugar cutters and a knife cleaner. In the scullery the display of laundry equipment includes washing dollies, flat irons and a linen press. The dining room is furnished as it would have been in the 1850s, with a fine oval dining table and the Windsor chairs. This room contains oak panelling dating from the late seventeenth and nineteenth centuries, which once formed a corridor between the stairs and the bedroom of the first floor.
Golders Hill Park
Facilities include an animal enclosure, butterfly house, a bandstand, children's play area, cafe, toilets. Sports facilities include grass and hard tennis courts, golf practice nets and croquet.
The original house dates from the early 17th century. The orangery was added in about 1700. In 1754 it was bought by William Murray, 1st Earl of Mansfield. He commissioned Robert Adam to remodel it from 1764-1779. Adam added the library (one of his most famous interiors) to balance the orangery, and added the Ionic portico at the entrance. In 1793-6 George Saunders added two wings on the north side, and the offices and kitchen buildings and brewery (now the restaurant) to the side.
artsdepot is the only professional arts venue in the London Borough of Barnet and is committed to providing a diverse range of high quality visual and performance arts for everyone. These pages offer a greater insight into the centre’s background.